1) 2008 Alamos de Los Andes - $17.99 (or under) @ Le Caveau
Color: almost opaque, but with brilliant hue of purple-red.
Nose: slightly smoky, earth and mushroom,
Palate: dark fruits at the end. "rippin' Tannins", bitter aftertaste. "tight like a virgin" but has room to grow. slightly unsatisfying finish. has no travel. Will try again later in the evening.
2) 2009 Dante Robino - $10.99 @ Le Caveau
Nose: Juniper, desert scrub brush, rosemary or herb on the nose, earthy, herby, floral, gardenias or wildflower.
Palate: some viscosity to it, red fruit, vanilla, oak, soft w/sweet tannins
3) 2009 Chateau St. Didier-Parnac (Cahors) - $15-16 @ Le Caveau
85% Malbec with Merlot and Tannat
Nose: Playdough, earthy, rubbery, masculine
Palate: dark fruit, soft and amazing mouth feel, chocolate/cigar, spice on end, perhaps cinnamon?
"La chantierie" embossed on the glass of the bottle, means the singing?
4) 2009 Vistalba Corte C - $17.99 @ Le Caveau
80% Malbec, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Seductive, promising aroma, fresh baked brownie, truffle chocolate, blueberry or cut open a pie, hay, dried grass, nose of apricot or dried fruit
Palate: black currant, maybe cucumber? Denser, more complex, it evolves
FAVE of the evening.
5) 2008 Antigal Uno Malbec (Andes Foothills) - $14-19 depends on retailer.
Nose: blood orange, floral, plum,
Palate: creamy, spicy, bitter, black and red berry, cedar and vanilla spice notes
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone