Monday, August 10, 2009

Il Bar at the Pennsview Hotel

Recent trip to Philly for work:
Check out the last 4 photos in the album link below, they are of the PennsView Hotel, which has an AMAZING Wine Bar.
The bartender guy was super nice, and he designed a custom "Flight" tasting of wines for me. I told him about the wine club, and he let me take their wine menu home. I'll bring it to the next wine club, in case anybody wants a peek.

Abbie's Photo Album

Over 120 wines at your fingertips! WOW! We need one in ATL!

Originally I was thinking of ordering Flight # 810 - Latin Loves, but the bartendar was recommending Flight #806 - Franc-O-File. So, in the end he picked the best of both and made a custom flight of red wine tastes for me.
1) Tap 94 - Cabernet Sauvignon - Mendoza-Libertad Vynd Luna Benegas 2006 (Argentina)
2) Tap 124 - Garnacha D.P Carinena Castillo De Monseran 2006 (Spain)
3) Tap 111 - Fronsac Merlot 80%/Cabernet Franc 15%/Cabernet Sauvignon 5% Chateau Barrail Chevrol 2005
4) Tap 95 - Coteaux Du Languedoc La Melia Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre/Carignane Montpeyroux 2004
5) Tap 107 - Cotes Du Roussillon Grenache/Syrah/Carignane Chateau Montesquieu 2004

They went from lighter to more full bodied. My favorite was the 4th glass, it was earthy/peaty smelling, and very firm. The most unique of them all was the 5th glass. The nose was an earthy barnyard smell, almost poopy, but not quite. The Bartendar described it as a saddle sway scent - sure what he said! It tasted very dry and full. All-in-all it was a great wine, but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment