Friday, November 13, 2009

Krog Bar - post from Abbie

Wednesday night, my husband and I went to Krog Bar downtown. We were headed to a business meeting, but we were early, and it just so happened that Krog Bar was nearby. It's not a large place, but it is cozy.
The first thing I saw, was a leg of pork on a stand. Proscuitto? PERFECT.
The wine list made my mouth water.
The olives were outstanding.
The cheese was to die for.
Krog Bar ... Menu
you gotta check it out.
-
I had the Notre Malbec, and my husband had the El Gatano Malbec. Spanish Olives, and Manchego for munchies. mmm
-
Even though it is on "Krog" street, there's more to the name:
"About the word "KROG" from Sweden: Krog is a little "better" than a pub or bar - krog is an old word for a restaurant that serves food as well as drinks, and would even sometimes have a band and a small dance floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment