Reisling - August 6th, 2008 - Hostess: Ms Mina
Wikipedia: About Reisling. White Wine.
Food Pairings: crabcake, baked ham, blue cheese, gouda, jarlsberg, smoked salmon, proscuitto, melon, clam chowder, others
Abbie's Tasting Notes:
1) 2006 Ulrich Languith German Reisling - $6.99 Trader Joes
pale, straw yellow, clear, weak aroma, youthful, no smell, sweet/dry taste, light body, fresh acidity, weak flavor, finish short, light - I like it.
2) 2006 A to Z Reisling $11.99 -88 pts
pale, gold yellow, clear, bell pepper aroma, weak, youthful, no aroma, medium dry, lively body, moderate tannins, weak/astrigent, moderate flavor, medium finish, crispy/sparkly
3) 2006 Saint M Reisling - $11.99 at Pearson's
pale, yellow, slight haze, weak aroma, youthful, no smell, dry, light body, tart acidity, moderate tannins and flavor, medium finish, sparkly and zingy
4) 2005 Way Kuhl Dry Reisling Mosel-Saar-Ruwer Region Reisling - $13.99 - Costco
pale, yellow/green, clear, moderate, youthful, nothing for aroma, off-dry, light, tart, no tannins, moderate flavor, medium finish, nice, MY FAVE, flowers/citrus wine
5) Staats Weinguter Kolster Eberbach Reisling - $15.99
Medium color depth, amber, clear, weak aroma, youthful, no smell, tastes of green apple, sweet, medium body, fresh acidity, med/soft tannins, moderate flavor, medium finish, apple.